~Re-opening May 31~
The health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority as we re-open on May 31, 2020. We have developed and implemented a comprehensive COVID-19 Safety Plan, to make our clinic safe for patients and staff by:
- Reducing use of front desk for patient check-in and payments
- Removing items that are difficult to sanitize from the treatment room
- Removing blankets from the treatment table- 2 top sheets will be used instead
- Disinfecting touch surfaces at the front desk every 3-4 hours
- Disinfecting bathroom key after every use
- No drinking water will be offered after treatment- please bring a water bottle
- Hand sanitizing stations- front desk & treatment room
- Informative signage throughout the clinic and washrooms
- Staff dedicated to hygiene and monitoring of the physical distancing
- Treatment rooms will be sanitized between every appointment
- Processing payments by credit card or etransfer- NO CASH PLEASE
- Coordinating appointments across office practitioners, as possible, to control office traffic - Screening of all clients both prior to arrival and upon arrival at the clinic
- Modified assessment and treatment protocols
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) worn by RMT at all times in the clinic
- Limited number of people in the office and reception area
- Having 30 minute gaps between appointments to sanitize and reduce patient overlap
* Procedures will be reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis for continual improvement, as needed.
Patients booking an appointment will be pre-screened 24 hours prior to treatment through our booking system and may receive a screening phone call:
1. Are you experiencing any of the following?:
a. Mild to moderate shortness of breath
b. Inability to lie down because of difficulty breathing
c. Chronic conditions difficult to manage because of difficulty breathing
2. Do you have flu, chills, cough, shortness of breath or COVID-like symptoms?
COVID symptoms include fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue, loss of appetite, vomiting or diarrhea.
3. Have you travelled outside of British Columbia in the last 14 days?
4. Have you provided care or had close contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
5. Have you been tested for COVID-19 and the results are pending?
If you answer “yes” to any of the above questions, you will be directed to speak with your RMT to ensure it is safe for you to come into clinic at this time.
These questions are adapted from the COVID-19 BC Self Assessment Tool:
Any previously undisclosed potential COVID-19 symptoms that arise during treatment may result in immediate termination of the session, at the discretion of the therapist. Please let us know about your current health during advance screening and intake at the start of your appointment.
Healthcare workers who have been treating COVID-19 patients, strictly following PPE protocols and are asymptomatic, may book appointments but will be required to wear a mask during the appointment.
- wear a mask to protect yourself and others (strongly recommended)
- wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds with soap and water
- cancel your appointment if feeling at all unwell (fever, cough, rash, etc.)
- arrive on time for your appointment (no earlier than 5 minutes)
- if driving, wait in your vehicle if you arrive early
- if using transit, plan to arrive on-time, or wait outside until your appointment
- maintain physical distancing guidelines
- use the hand sanitizing station when entering and leaving the office
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when they cough or sneeze and throw used tissues in the trash. If they don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hands. Always wash or sanitize your hands after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Tissues are provided all the front desk and in the treatment room.
- If you belong to a vulnerable health group (elderly, compromised immune system, respiratory illness, etc.) please consider whether an appointment is essential for you at this time.
While we are doing our best to follow all the health and safety guidelines outlined by the College of Massage Therapist of British Columbia (CMTBC) and the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) to adopt all reasonable precautions to mitigate risk, there is no guarantee that you may not come into contact with COVID-19.
We encourage and appreciate your trust in discussing any concerns that have related to your appointment, safety or health at this time. We are more than happy to help you decide what’s right for you and make special accommodations for additional PPE as needed (N95 masks, clothing covers/aprons, gloves, face shield, goggles) with advance notice. Alternatively, you may request to book for the first or last appointments of the day, to avoid higher traffic times in the building.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the clinic soon!